Prior to starting my practice, I worked as a Human Resources Manager. I advised and guided senior management on complex employee relations issues, resolved workplace conflicts, assessed organization risk, and ensured organizational compliance with state and federal employment laws. I also worked as a mediator. I co-mediated new parenting plans, parenting plan modifications, and small claims cases.
I became an attorney because, I like writing and research and as an attorney I am able to do that every day. One of the greatest challenges in law today is, access to legal services for individuals of varying economic and ethnic backgrounds.
I am most happy when I am able to solve my client's problems. I am best described as, adventurous, ambitious, and compassionate. In my spare time, I like to cook, spend time with family and friends, and try new things. My best stress relievers are, swimming and yoga. The best part of my job, is helping my clients get back to living their life to the fullest.
- Juris Doctor, Seattle University School of Law
- Bachelors of Arts, Political Science, University of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington, Member
- Muckleshoot Tribal Court of Justice, Member
- Snohomish County Juvenile Court, Attorney Guardian ad Litem
- American Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association-Diversity Committee, Member
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Member
- Society for Human Resources Management, Member
- Lake Washington Human Resources Association, Member
Get a Free Consultation
Legal Voice, Self Help Committee, Seattle, WA
- Draft, revise & review legal self help information for publication and distribution
Snohomish County Legal Services, Bankruptcy Clinic, Everett, WA
- Provide legal representation
UW School of Law, Tribal Court Public Defense Clinic, Seattle, WA
- Domestic Violence Protection Orders, Webinar with Washington State Bar Association
- Boot Camp: Marriage Dissolution, New Lawyer Education with Washington State Bar Association
- Hiring Employees vs. Independent Contractors- Practical Considerations, Eastside Legal Assistance Program
- Hiring and Managing Minors in the Work Place- Avoiding Legal Pitfalls, Law Offices of Alesha Struthers, P.S.